Friday, June 20, 2008

Three Months Chennai

"Life is a book, one who doesn't travel has read only one page of it."

I enjoy travelling . It all started from my 11th grade when I was put up in a residential school in Coimbatore, I started traveling. June 2006, I came to Chennai for a corporate training after completing my college. The training was for 3 months and I had to stay in my Aunt's house down in south Chennai near St. Thomas Mount.

This is the third time I had been to Chennai; first was on 1993, second trip on 2004 and the now in 2006. The moment I stepped in the soil of Chennai, I smelt the flavor (should I say so?) of electric trains. My Dad had already given me enough instructions as how to reach my aunt's house,
"You'll reach Chennai Central, get out of the station and don't heed the voice of auto drivers. Keep walking straight until you find a subway, get in there and you will know how to get out. Once you're out you'll be heading directly into the entrance of "Park Station". Get yourself a ticket and climb over to the next platform, never try to step into the tracks to cross. (Shhh.. did I mention that I didn't use the over bridge to cross the platform?) Now, wait for the next train that goes to Tambaram .When in train watch out for station names where ever the train stops, also try to remember them. Don't forget to jump out of the train when you see the station named as St. Thomas Mount." This was more than enough for me and it took me to my aunt's house. Thanks Dad!

I took an auto from there to reach home. I knew that I am going to have a good stay there. God provided me with everything that I needed. (More than what I needed). Good church, a dynamic youth fellowship, happy family environment and many more. My training sessions were for about 4 hours 6 days a week and had to cover huge syllabus. In spite of all the studying part, it was the children who always kept me entertained all the time and refreshed my brain. This blog is dedicated to all the children who kept me going all my days in Chennai. Cheers!

Let me start from the eldest.

Keren, my niece. She is pretty and I love her so much. She has a good talent on crafting and keeps nibbling with things. She is also a pianist and has recently completed her 6th grade. She plays in the church too. The little one is Felicia.



Matthew, Keren's brother. He is an amazing guy who keeps track of all sports channels. Either be it cricket or football, he will have the latest scores and updates in his finger tips. Do I call him a "Cricket freak"?


Silas, my nephew. He is just another computer freak. He spends hours on computer games and is capable enough to find cheat codes from the internet. He is interested in trying out every possible thing in computers. "Did he crash it anytime?" No idea.



Sunil, Silas' brother. Scientist, philosopher a genius... what would I say about him? He is always silent and is immersed in deep thinking about how to solve problems in nuclear reactions and rocket science. He would become one, I'll bet.


Felicia, my little niece. All the days I were in chennai, she used to sit on my lap and play. An active pretty girl. The last time I saw her, she was speaking. She is obedient and is very good in taking care of her belongings.

Thank You Kiddos!

2 comments: